Apply for SASSA Child grant and foster grants online via the SASSA online services portal. Online submission of the required supporting documentation linked to the application on the portal
To access this service, applicants need to have an email address to sign up and to be able to login for further services. Feedback to applicants will be sent through SMS notification to applicants with no email addresses and an email response will be sent to applicants choosing to be contacted by email. A receipt will be generated when the application is completed. Apply for a Child SASSA Grant Online
How to apply for SASSA Child grant online
- Log onto : services.sassa.gov.za
- Click on the Register button.
- Fill in the electronic form pop-up.
- The form has the following fields :
- ID type
- ID Number
- Full Name
- Cell phone number
- Password (choose a suitable characters that you can always remember)
- After entering all these data, click on save.
- Go back to homepage and click on login.
- Enter the email address and password used to register.
- To apply for a grant, click on “Apply for a Grant”
- Select your preferred category of grant you want to apply
- Fill in all the requirements and upload necessary documents and submit
Upload the following documents
- Your ID book Your child’s birth certificate
- The ID of your spouse (if married)
- Proof of income and assets such as bank statements
- If you do not have an ID or your child’s birth certificate, you can still make an application. You will need to produce a sworn statement or affidavit. SASSA will help you with the forms you need to complete these.
These documents should be certified by a commissioner of oaths
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- The primary care giver must be a South African citizen, permanent resident or refugee.
- Both the applicant and the child must reside in South Africa.
- The applicant must be the primary care giver of the child/ children concerned.
- The child/children must be under the age of 18 years
- The applicant and spouse must meet the requirements of the means test.
- An applicant can not apply for more than six non biological children.
- The child can not be cared for in state institution.
How long does it take for a SASSA Child Grant Application to be approved?
Provided all documents are submitted, you should get a response in 10 days.
SASSA Child Grants Contact Details
For any further queries, please contact SASSA directly:
Contact the SASSA Toll Free Call centre on: 0800 60 10 11
Contact the SASSA Head Office on: 012 400 2322
Email SASSA Head Office at: Grantsenquiries@sassa.gov.za
How to applu